Wednesday, March 3, 2010

welcome

So thanks to Stephanie's inspiration, I decided I'd start a blog as well. This will be a good way to keep all the family from all over involved in our day to day life. It will also be a good way to document what all is happening while Donald is deployed, so he can stay updated as well. I'm gonna post at least one pic everyday too, so he'll have a pic a day, while he's away!

To kick this off we'll start with what all has happened so far this week up to today. Donald left early am Monday morning. After dropping him off Sunday night, me and the kiddos stopped to pick up a few groceries then came home. They both passed out on the couch watching TV, so of course that meant i had to carry them both upstairs to bed. During all that time frame, it was up in the air if Donald was going. They had overbooked the plane and it was looking like he might get to stay back. But alas, he went.
He called me Monday morning from Maine, just to let me know that they had made it that far. The kids and I just hung around the house. I got a few loads of laundry done, and worked on getting that put away and trying to put up some other things from the KS trip. Braeden was trying to eat the snake that Trista was playing with, with the dino he was playing with. Trista told him to stop, they were having a playdate.....We had spaghetti for dinner. We did baths and they both went to bed right on time thank god. I read untill I was tired enough to go to sleep, and that was that for Monday.
Tuesday was another stick around the house day. Not much of note happened. I did notice that Trista was way to quiet, so I went to look for her and found her asleep on the floor of my closet with her but up in the air. We had waffles for dinner, which is one of the kiddos fave's, and easy which makes it one of my faves.  I finished my book, so i went on to the last one in the series. I'm reading the Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward. They are really good. I played Dragonage on the 360 for a while. Braeden watched me play that while Sissy watched tv in her room. Got them to bed, straitened up the living room, and did the chore I hate the most, which is taking out the garbage. So I slipped on my pumas and took the cans down to the curb. I also got to look foward to the stupid truck waking me up when it showed up at the crack of dawn this morning. So after that I checked my email and facebook for the night, saw Donald was online. OF COURSE the stupid facebook messenger wasn't working. Donald couldn't get on yahoo at first, but he got it worked out. I got to talk to him on there for about oh 15 mins i guess. He's doing good. He's in Kuwait doing classes and stuff before he moves on in to Iraq. After that I read and finally fell asleep at some point.
That brings us to today. hung around the house yet again today. Worked on more laundry and trying to clean up around the computer area. It still needed work from Donald being stationed here. Got all the stuff on the desk sorted and put some of the bags from our trip out in the garage to get them out of my way. We had chicken nuggets and fries for dinner. Braeden helped me bring the garbage cans back from the curb. They were upstairs watching tv, and Braeden came downstairs crying. Trista had bitten his side. She said she couldn't get him to get off her side of the bed.... so yeah I bit her back. Now they are upstairs supposed to be in bed, but I hear them up still. So when I get done with this I'll have to go lay the smack down on them. I have a book to look foward to, and Cougartown comes on tonight. You should really watch it if you don't, its hilarious. Oh and I did watch the new Diary of a Call Girl that was on demand today too, and I dvr'ed that show parenthood that premiered last night. It was good too. Tomorrow is DVR happiness night since I have so many shows that I love that come on Thursdays. Yay, something to get excited about =). Well goodnight xoxo

Monday 03/01/2010




Tuesday 03/02/2010



Wenesday 03/03/2010




1 comment:

  1. Glad you started a blog, Mandy! I see that Trista is having an "I look like Aunt Elissa" week! And Braden - just cute, cute, cute!

    They are adorable and fun to be around, I could have kept them, you know! Looking forward to reading the updates on Donald's deployment, so I know how he is doing. So great to see you while you were here, even if it was just for a little bit. We love and miss you guys a lot!

    Maybe you girls having blogs will inspire me to work on mine. But I need a camera...

    Aunt Susan, Doug, Lisa & Tony

    ReplyDelete